IEnova was among the first private companies to invest in the energy sector in Mexico offering natural gas storage, pipelines, and distribution. Since we first arrived in the country in 1996, we have positioned ourselves as a leader in the energy industry.
At year-end 2020, we have more than 1,400 employees and approximately $10.5 billion dollars in total assets, which makes us one of the largest private energy companies in the country.
The following are among our accomplishments as a pioneering private investment company in the energy sector in Mexico:
- We were the first company in the private sector to win a bidding process for natural gas distribution in Mexico
- We built the first pipeline ever in the state of Baja California
- We developed the first joint venture in gas infrastructure in Mexico, with Pemex and private companies
- We built the first LNG receipt, storage, and regasification terminal in the West Coast of North America
- We designed and built the first private LPG pipeline, with its corresponding pumping and storage facilities
- We designed, developed, and built the Energía Sierra Juárez wind park, which we currently operate in collaboration with our partner Actis. It is the first Mexico-US transborder project for generating power employing renewable sources
- We designed, built, and operated the first private system to transport ethane in Mexico, spanning across the states of Tabasco, Chiapas, and Veracruz
- We designed and built, in collaboration with our partner TC Energy, the first private marine pipeline in the country known as South of Texas-Tuxpan
- We signed the first energy supply contract between a private generator and an industrial client
- We won the first bidding process of the Veracruz port authority, API, for building and operating a marine terminal for the receipt, storage, and delivery of refined products
- We are the first energy infrastructure company to be listed on the Mexican Stock Exchange
- We are the only energy company to be included in the Sustainability Index of the Mexican Stock Exchange
- We received the first certified Green Principles Loan granted by the International Financing Corporation to a company in Mexico to finance renewable energy projects
To develop, build, and operate energy infrastructure, contributing to the growth of Mexico, within a framework of ethics, safety, respect, and commitment to our employees, the environment, the communities to which we belong, our customers and shareholders.
To be the leading energy infrastructure company in Mexico that contributes to the country’s sustainable development.